Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Compare Multiple Workbook Schema

suby
11 - Bolide

Hi All,

I have 12 different excel workbooks with multiple tabs in it.

I'm interested in bringing say 4 sheets from each excel workbook to build a historic data output.

I'm looking for a solution where i want to analyze all the 4 tabs from each workbook to see if my schema and number of columns are same across all the 12 workbooks since in  each tabs i have more than 100 columns.

Is there a solution to compare the schema?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @suby 

What do you think about this idea? I adapted the input batch macro (The Ultimate Input Data Flowchart - Alteryx Community entrée de données eingabedaten) with a field info tool, so you will be able to see for each file/sheet which are the columns and the datatype. Knowing that you can build your logic to count the columns per file/sheet, notify missing columns, etc.

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1668210001660.png

Felipe_Ribeir0_1-1668210152179.png

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @suby 

It worked? 

suby
11 - Bolide

Hi Felipe,

Apologize for the delayed reply.

On the Main workflow i have pointed the directory tool to folder where i had the all my 12 workbooks with multiple sheets.

On the Macro Input which one should i connect ?

Thanks

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @suby 

Try this new version! Just point the directory tool to your directory and it will work!

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1668702267197.png

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @suby 

It worked?

JeffEichinger
5 - Atom

This worked great for me!

Labels