Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combining specific sheets (same name) in different Excels into one consolidated Excel

nushpurohit
5 - Atom

I want to create a tool that is able to extract a specific sheet, e.g. "corporate", from a number of different Excel files, and consolidate it into one Excel file. Currently I am uploading the Excels from a folder on my local Desktop.

11 REPLIES 11
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@nushpurohit try batch macro. Sample attached

image.png

aatalai
13 - Pulsar

If they are the same schema, the dynamic input tool would work (and might be simpler)

nushpurohit
5 - Atom

Thanks so much, super helpful! One more question - right now, the same row is being copied each time there is a new file - even though that row only has to be there once at the top of the sheet. Is there a way to remove the extra duplicates?

PassION_es
9 - Comet

Hi @binuacs ,

I've tried a lot of macros that consolidate sheets into one, however, i do not see any "Sheet name" column in the result window at the end of the workflow.  Only the filename column.  Is there a way to integrate this in your last macro? i have one workbook only and there are 4 sheet inside the workbook. I want a sheet name column for all the captured details.  Thank you in advance.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@PassION_es Updated workflow attached

image.png

PassION_es
9 - Comet

Thank you @binuacs . :)

w_gore
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to do the same; however, my worksheets have different names and schemas.  My output is to one file with a template sheet with headers.  I was hoping to add records from all (27) files/sheet combos to the template based on header name.  Should any of the 27 table have an additional header, it will be dropped/null.  Thanks for the help.

PassION_es
9 - Comet

hi @binuacs , quick question, will it be possible in this workflow to reflect or retain the filename (not the full path), aside from the sheet name? or do i need to have a separate macros for that to reflect the filenames.

w_gore
8 - Asteroid

Filename retention is not necessary as the names are not consistent.

Labels