Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combining Date Tool with option to enter N/A when date isn't applicable

Jake5
8 - Asteroid

Hello, I have a workflow that uses a Text Box interface prompt where the user either keys in a date using a prescribed format or they enter N/A for instances where a date is not applicable.  I'm now familiar with the Date tool where it will allow the user to select the date from a calendar pop up.  Is there a way to configure the interface so that the user can either use the calendar pop up OR enter N/A?  Attached is a portion of my workflow in current state.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Prometheus
12 - Quasar

@Jake5 You might want to check out the functionality of the Radio Button tool in the Interface palette. It gives the user the either/or functionality you're looking for.

Jake5
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the tip.  I'm trying to integrate the radio button and have attached an updated workflow.  I'm not sure I'm on the right path here.  Ideally, if user selects the "Yes" radio, then the calendar prompt will display, user selects date, and date flows to text input.  If user selects "No", then calendar will be hidden and "N/A" would flow down to the text input.  Is Alteryx able to accomplish this?  

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

There might be a simpler way, but this works:

image.png

Jake5
8 - Asteroid

Thank you, Christina!  This was very helpful.  

Jake5
8 - Asteroid

Hi, Christina

So new issue on this topic.  I'm looking to add an additional date question/prompt within the same workflow.  However, I'm noticing the interactive designer is not treating the two questions as mutually exclusive.  Rather, they seem to be combined to where only one radio button amongst all (4) can be selected.  Using the attached workflow, is there a way to make them mutually exclusive so that the yes/no buttons for the ACH question is one decision point and the yes/no buttons for the Check question is another decision point?  Thanks.  

Jake5
8 - Asteroid

Can disregard as I was able to accomplish this be resetting the group configurations within the Interactive Designer.  Attached is the final version.  

Labels