Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Combine Multiple Excel Workbooks Into Single Workbook With Separate Sheets

t0mato
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, I'm hoping to create a directory with 5-6 Excel workbooks. I'd like Alteryx to read these files and combine them into a single workbook with each of the read workbooks having its own separate sheet. How can I create a workflow to achieve this?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

This is an awesome macro that does just that. You can point it at a directory and it will read in every tab from every workbook in the folder and even subfolders if you like. It should also output a column that contains the file name and sheet name that it came from. You can use this column in a formula tool to create a new sheet name. Then in an Output Data tool you can output to an Excel file and choose the option in the check box at the bottom to create sheets using a field name. Hopefully this helps! 

Link to the macro to read in a directory of Excel files: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/The-Ultimate-Alteryx-Holiday-gift-of-2015-Read-ALL-Exc... 

t0mato
6 - Meteoroid

I've actually stumbled across this and unfortunately, my business computer does not allow me to download that. Is there any other way I can access it?

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

If I attach it to this post does that work for you? If not, you may have some IT restrictions on downloading files. Please send me a private message if this is the case and we will find a way to send it to you. 

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

You can definitely build it yourself as well, I'm just trying to save you some time

Labels