Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Color coded column upon condition

ajanayak
8 - Asteroid

I have a task wherein I am doing some data transformation, Before I send this output to the user I want to highlight few column based on some condition.

I want to make few columns red where the value is empty, not necessarily all the empty columns.

Please help me if you can on this. attaching a sample file for your reference.

6 REPLIES 6
kelvin_law1
9 - Comet

Hi @ajanayak 

You can try exploring the Table tool under Reporting which you can create Row or Column rules to change the background color.

To output this table object in Excel, you will need to put the Render tool (not Output Data tool) behind the Table tool.

ajanayak
8 - Asteroid

The question is can we add condition there? not sure, any demo example you have.

kelvin_law1
9 - Comet

Yes, you can add condition.  Here is how you can do it:

1. Select the column that you want to add the condition and press the Column Rules Edit button:

ReportCondition.png

2. The following windows will prompt for your condition setting:

Condition setting.png

3. After running the workflow, the output table object (view with Browse tool) will be like the below where Region cells are highlighted in red when Total Sales > 200,000:

result.png

ajanayak
8 - Asteroid

It worked, Thanks for all your help.

Ram_Gondh912
5 - Atom

I think this for column data not for headers?

kelvin_law1
9 - Comet

Hi @Ram_Gondh912,

The conditional Column Edit rule in my previous reply is more for column data.

But in the Styling windows, there is also an option for changing the header styling for a specific column.

Table_HeaderConfig.png

Labels