Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Clarizen/AdaptiveWork Report to Alteryx

kcampbell91
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

Does anyone have any knowledge / insights on if its possible to export a report from Clarizen/AdaptiveWork through Alteryx Download tool?  We've built a number of reports within Clarizen that currently have to export out to excel to then pickup in Alteryx.  I am wondering if there is a way to automate this export/download through some sort of API?  I am newto the world of API's so I can't quite figure it out.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @kcampbell91 

I googled for this clarizen adaptive work API returning several hits, the first hit returned by the Google search is to this page REST API Reference Guide Now I don't have access to the Clarizen / Adaptive Work application to play with these REST API function.

Good luck,

Arnaldo

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

@kcampbell91 - Alternatively, you can review 3rd party connectors. Here is one that I'm aware of: https://alteryxconnectors.grazitti.com/product/clarizen/ 

kcampbell91
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @arnaldoSandoval 

Thank you for your response.  That guide seems helpful, but I do not even know where to really start with figuring out how to use it to download data through an API. I am new to API's and downloading data through them.  When I google API's / Alteryx Download I get very basic introduction videos.  I am trying to find something that goes deeper into using a resource like the "Rest API Reference Guide" you linked to and how to use it to download data.

Do you know of any references that takes learning API's and Alteryx Download to the next step?

Thanks,

Katie

ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @kcampbell91 

Please read my reply to AlteryxUserFL, Open People Search | Alteryx API Connection I included links to resources talking about API implementations, I like the "Data School" video, they defined a comprehensive pattern that you may adopt, I also attached some workflows samples implementing APIs.

Some of the API invoked in the attached workflows require login credential, you can go to the corresponding API side and request your credentials; another tool that you may need is Postman, this tool allows us to test API before referencing them in Alteryx.

Cheers,

Arnaldo

Labels