Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Choosing a particular line using the Unique Tool

MattR79
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am working with a large data set that outputs ~25000 lines, due to how I had to Union the data each FACID has multiple lines and there is different data elements included on the same FACID but on different lines.  For instance there may be six lines for a FACID and 3 will have MCR data, 3 will not, I only want one of the lines that has the MCR data but I cannot figure out how to ensure this is included using the Unique tool.  To make it even more difficult not every FACID has the MCR data.  I have the workflow figured out up to the point of finding the unique values that include all data elements.  Sorry for the acronyms however this should be clearer in the sample data.

2 REPLIES 2
Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

The unique tool will always take the first row for each unique ID.  To make sure you get an MCR row, sort by that column so that the populated rows come before the nulls.

Christina_Hurrell_0-1636127074790.png

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @MattR79 

Can you post the workflow that you have so far and we can see how to proceed from there?

Dan

Labels