Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Changing a filename and replacing that file once it goes through my workflow

riyarojan
7 - Meteor

Any ideas on how to do this? My workflow has about 8 input nodes and will output 13 different reports. I want Alteryx to be able to grab those input files from the same folder then go through the workflow then change the filename to a name that I can customize but is also dynamic to the first cell of each data. Then after it goes through the workflow, it either adds that file to the folder or it replaces that file in the folder. I want to know both processes. 

Thank you,

Riya

2 REPLIES 2
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@riyarojan 

Honestly, I couldn't understand what you want.
If you can put an example of what you want.
explain with example your objective

jdminton
12 - Quasar

I think this is what you are looking for. Th-e workflow is set up for three Excel files. There are a couple of different ways to do this. If your files are different schemas (i.e. the fields and/or headers vary), you will either need to use separate flows as I have shown or create a macro to handle them. If the files have the same schema, and you want to dynamically read them in, you will need to create a macro so that each file can be saved separately. The essential part of this is to rename the filename in the formula tool so it can be output to the new filename (see highlighted area). I hope this helps!

Snag_14e88c32.png

Snag_14e823c4.png

Snag_14e834db.png

  

Labels