Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Changing a Field Name by a Text, Given From The User

Cfdiaz2103
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone!

I'd like to know if there's anyway to replace a specific field name to a text entered by the user.

For example, I currently have this dataset, and I want to change the 2nd Header "Total (i)" to a text given by the user (2021) due to an Text Box Tool:

Note: Attached you can find the example

I'd appreciate any response.

4 REPLIES 4
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Cfdiaz2103 

Attachment is missing.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Cfdiaz2103 

You can do something like this. I am using dynamic rename to rename column.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1625855489897.png

1. Using drop down tool to select column.

2. Using text box to give new column name.

3. Using dynamic rename to rename column name. Replace([_fieldname_],"Abc","Xyz") here Abc is old name and Xyz is new name. Drop down gives Abc(old) and text box gives Xyz (new)

You can remove drop down and directly give column to rename.

Hope this helps 🙂

Cfdiaz2103
8 - Asteroid

Hey @atcodedog05! Thanks for your response.

I'm trying to configure de Dynamic Rename as you did, but for some reason I've got no results after running the workflow as an App.

Attached you can find the workflow I've made.

Thanks once again for your time.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@atcodedog05 is nite owl but is (hopefully) asleep...  so I'm stepping in... Here's an updated workflow. You need to:

1) have something readily replaceable as what you are renaming the field to - (ie initially you wanted to replace "i", which appeared multiple times in your field name)

2) have you action tool point to what you want to change... Hope this helps...2021-07-09 (1).png

Labels