Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RESUELTAS

Changing Date Fields so they can be filtered in Excel and Fixing Currency Fields for Excel

TinaLong
Meteoro

Good morning, Community!

I'm pulling a CSV file into a workflow.

1. I can never get the date fields right.  My date field come in as a string. When I export it out to Excel for team members, I need it to be a true date field (MM/DD/YYY) they can filter and sort on.

2.   This file also contains currency fields, but the data come in like this (pls see below).  How can I add $ to the Amount and no cents ($150)?  And for the ranges, I just want to make them right margin flush.

All suggestions are welcomed!

Alteryx Community Pic 1.jpgAlteryx Community Pic 2.jpg

3 RESPUESTAS 3
chandler-gjino
Alteryx
Alteryx

you can use the datetime tool found in the parse palette to convert string dates to date dates and vice versa 
you can also use the datetimeparse function inside a formula tool

for the currency to add a $ -- I used a formula tool as well to concatenate the $. can also use the round function to remove any decimals 

attaching a sample workflow

Prometheus
Cuásar

@TinaLong You can use the DateTime tool to change your date field into an actual date field, then a Select tool to deselect the original date field and change the resulting DateTime_Out to "Date 1" and change data types of the Amount fields to String. Then you can use the Multi-Field Formula tool to add "$" to the beginning of the Amounts with this expression: '$'+[_CurrentField_]. I used a Table tool to justify the fields to the right and a Render tool to render the report.

DT Tool.PNG

Change Data Types.PNG

TinaLong
Meteoro

Hi,

Thank you!  The currency solution was perfect (and so easy, LOL - I'm still learning). 

Regarding the dates, I was hoping for the export to end up like below.  Is that possible?  If not, I can try to get in this format in Excel after I complete the output.  But let me know. Thanks

Date Export Image 2023-09-19_09-45-26.jpg

Etiquetas