Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Change Field Name in Basic Table

jakeuk
6 - Meteoroid
March 2021SumTime
Sales300MTD

March 2021SumTime
Sales800YTD

This is a table grouped by Time.

In the Basic Table Tool I've tried creating a formula for the field "March 2021" as follows:

IF [Time] = "MTD"

THEN [_CurrentFieldName_] + " MTD"

ELSE [_CurrentFieldName_] + " YTD"

ENDIF

But the field name won't change. I'm just trying to make the table look a little nicer

4 REPLIES 4
JaeLim
Alteryx
Alteryx

hi @jakeuk

Unfortunately I am having trouble understanding what you are trying to achieve, perhaps if you could showcase a clearer example using a file with your input data source and a desired data output solution?

Thanks.

jakeuk
6 - Meteoroid

My apologies, unfortunately I do not think I'd be able to provide the data for confidentiality reasons. Although, I can provide the solution as to what those two tables would like afterwards. 

I've use the Basic Table tool to make two tables showing mtd and ytd numbers - and they look as follows: 

March 2021SumTime
Sales300MTD

March 2021SumTime
Sales800YTD

What I'm hoping for with the formula I've described:

March 2021 MTDSumTime
Sales300MTD

March 2021 YTDSumTime
Sales800YTD

I just want a title above each table that is grouped, or to be able to change the Record # so that it has "MTD" or "YTD" to have something that is a little bit cleaner that having multiple rows with MTD and YTD, enabling me to get rid of the Time field alltogether

JaeLim
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @jakeuk,

Thanks for the clear explanation, using a combination of filter + dynamic rename tools, you should be able to get what you need, please refer to my solution below. 

JaeLim_0-1644770153367.png

JaeLim
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hope this helps! :)

Labels