Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can we calculate the formula using conditions for multiple rows?

AYESHASIDIKHA
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I have a doubt, The data I am working on is based on Years and Amounts. Attaching one sample excel file which has dummy data

The condition is like for example,

If we are taking 2023A column then the formula for first and last years(2023,2025) is Amount/2*0.5 and for the middle year(2024)  is   Amount/2.

If we are taking 2023B column then the formula for first and last years(2023,2028) is Amount/5*0.5 and for the middle years (2024,2025,2026,2027)  is   Amount/5.

It would be great if i get a solution ASAP.

13 REPLIES 13
gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @AYESHASIDIKHA 

Please find attached workflow to realize your demand, I understand that you want to calculate in different logic depending on A or B.

If this is OK for you, please accept my post as a solution.

image.png

ed_hayter
12 - Quasar

Assuming that your input file had what you wanted the expected output to be like and you only have the year method combo and amount i went about reshaping it as follows

image.pngIts a combination of pivots and generating the amount of rows for the period depending on the methodology.

AYESHASIDIKHA
8 - Asteroid

Hey https://community.alteryx.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/177620

Thank you so much for the quick response. But I need the total formula as well. Could you please help me on that?

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@AYESHASIDIKHA 

It is a piece of cake; Just add aggregation option in cross tab. I revised my WorkFlow as attached

image.png

ed_hayter
12 - Quasar

When you say totals are you referring to the headline amount number? I added that to our table through a union then stacking the split out values below that intiial row.

AYESHASIDIKHA
8 - Asteroid

Hey https://community.alteryx.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/420259,

Total Column refers to the sum of entire row. Not the sum of column. If we do the sum of column then the Amount will come right. I need Total which is sum of the Entire row

Thanks in Advance and Thank you so much for help.

ed_hayter
12 - Quasar

Ive added row totals to my packaged workflow by transposing the data columns summarizing and joining back on to the correct year

image.png

AYESHASIDIKHA
8 - Asteroid

Hey,

I don't see Total column in the workflow.

ed_hayter
12 - Quasar

Perhaps I attached the wrong packaged workflow.

image.png

Done by transposing the data rows and keeping the year column as the key column. Summarize sum(value) grouped by year then join back on on year.

Labels