Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can't send an email as an event

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi community,

I'm trying to send an email as an event but the workflow get's stuck running indefinitely (as opposed to throwing an error) every time I run the workflow. The event is set up as per the screenshot (except with my real email address),

PhilipMannering_0-1584369350336.png

Does anybody know why this isn't working? I've tried a couple of ports (25 and 587).

Also, I've got this working in the email tool. So I'm not sure why this wouldn't work as an event.

Has anybody else managed to get the email as an event working in Alteryx 2020.1?

Thanks,

Philip

4 REPLIES 4
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Might be a silly question, but do you have an error in your workflow that would prompt an email? It might be best to set it to send an email after run first just to test for functionality and then switch to after run with errors after. 

You can confirm your mail settings with Office365 by going here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/server-settings-you-ll-need-from-your-email-provider-c82de9...

Find your Exchange mailbox server settings

If you’re connecting to an Exchange mailbox and not using Office 365 email, or if you aren't sure if you're using Office 365 email, do the following to look up your settings:

1. Sign in to your account using Outlook Web App. For help signing in, see Sign in to Outlook Web App.

2. In Outlook Web App, on the toolbar, select Settings 

> Mail > POP and IMAP.

3. The POP3, IMAP4, and SMTP server name and other settings you may need to enter are listed on the POP and IMAP settings page.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Thanks for the response Brandon.

Yeah, I make sure that I create an error if that's what triggers the email.

Pretty sure I'm using the right mail settings because I can get it to work in the email tool. I'm only using the SMTP Server settings.

Can you get an example working out of interest?

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Ok, so for the benefit of anyone else that runs into this problem, the solution (for me at least) was to change the Encryption type from SSL/TLS to STARTTLS

joeGade
10 - Fireball

you don't need to set SSL . 

Labels