Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can I see applied changes from an Action Tool on my selected tool in the Workflow

sarunas_stulga
5 - Atom

Hello, I would like to find out if there is some configuration or property in the Action Tool, that would allow me to see how it changed the specification of a tool after I run the workflow as an "Analytic App". For example, using the Action tool, I change the input in the dynamic select tool to filter out any old months from the data (based on what I select from the "Date configuration Tool". Everything runs smoothly for me, but as a visual check, I would like to see how the final/replaced formula in the dynamic tool ended up being. This would benefit be because then I would be able to rerun the workflow as normally and fix any mistakes that may have been left (e.x. any un-joined rows). At the moment I am seeing the same formulas in the dynamic select tool before and after running the workflow using the wand button.

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sarunas_stulga 

Follow these steps to open your app in debug mode to see the interface values in action:

- Open the Analytic App in Alteryx Designer

- Open the Interface Designer window (Ctrl+Shift+D)

- Click the Test View (wand icon)

- Set the app parameters you'd like to see applied. The Reset/Open/Save/View button are used to manage these values. 

- Click "Open Debug".

This will open the app as a regular workflow with all values applied. 

sarunas_stulga
5 - Atom

Thank you!

Labels