Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can I see applied changes from an Action Tool on my selected tool in the Workflow

sarunas_stulga
5 - Atom

Hello, I would like to find out if there is some configuration or property in the Action Tool, that would allow me to see how it changed the specification of a tool after I run the workflow as an "Analytic App". For example, using the Action tool, I change the input in the dynamic select tool to filter out any old months from the data (based on what I select from the "Date configuration Tool". Everything runs smoothly for me, but as a visual check, I would like to see how the final/replaced formula in the dynamic tool ended up being. This would benefit be because then I would be able to rerun the workflow as normally and fix any mistakes that may have been left (e.x. any un-joined rows). At the moment I am seeing the same formulas in the dynamic select tool before and after running the workflow using the wand button.

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sarunas_stulga 

Follow these steps to open your app in debug mode to see the interface values in action:

- Open the Analytic App in Alteryx Designer

- Open the Interface Designer window (Ctrl+Shift+D)

- Click the Test View (wand icon)

- Set the app parameters you'd like to see applied. The Reset/Open/Save/View button are used to manage these values. 

- Click "Open Debug".

This will open the app as a regular workflow with all values applied. 

sarunas_stulga
5 - Atom

Thank you!

Labels