Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can Alteryx unzip a file as part of the workflow?

Philip
12 - Quasar

I'm downloading climate data and the files come zipped. Can Alteryx unzip the files as part of the workflow?

The path to one of the files is

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/orders/qclcd/QCLCD201601.zip

40 REPLIES 40
iamjorgensen
5 - Atom

Got the same issue here... really appreciate help here !

asifk
8 - Asteroid

Hi @iamjorgensen

I think I encountered this error before. Are you possibly selecting both options to unzip to a specific location and copy the zipped file to?

maybe try only selecting one of the options.

I hope this works.

Regards,

Asif 

jogianni
7 - Meteor

what is the pushd "%~dp0"  used for here?

iamjorgensen
5 - Atom

Hi Asif

Sorry for really late reply on this - this issue drowned in other stuff.

I have tried only ""Specify Extract Dir" and "Save Zip Files" - both give the "ziplist.txt" error. 

Brgds

Christian

asifk
8 - Asteroid

Hi @iamjorgensen

I have also encountered this error, what i have found is that by playing around with the save directory for unzipping files and saving zipped files, the error suddenly disappears, 

try de-selecting a save location and see if this helps

Regards,

Asif

iamjorgensen
5 - Atom

Hi Asif 

Thanks for trying to help - no luck here still sadly after trying to select different folders and deselecting/selecting options.  

Brgds

Christian

asifk
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

That is painful, i know how sometimes trying different approaches hoping to get it working feels. especially if you keep hitting errors.

i think the only solution is perhaps share your workflow and maybe one of the senior members can help.

All the Best!

Regards,

Asif

David-UHG
7 - Meteor

Thank you for sharing. How would one who wanted to run this process on the gallery go about it. I see the downloadtempfile and the bat files are on your local c: drive. I would like to run a similar process to run on a NAS drive where Alteryx gallery can execute. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

David-UHG
7 - Meteor
If not, execute powershell
David-UHG
7 - Meteor

I was able to create a flow for my specific use case of ever changing file names from a website using dynamic input tool, after unzipping on the gallery using powershell in the run command tool. Please take a look at my response on this thread. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Read-zip-files-in-a-workflow/m-p/47804...

Labels