Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Calling a specific row and cell using python tool

Roche
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone, 

In the attached flow there is a column called Link_nr.  I need to read one link number together with its corresponding link at a time to be able to webscrape the data from the specific link.  I cannot, in this case, use the index (fixed) values from Alteryx since the number of rows might increase / links can be added to the website.  

I have tried different possible solutions to get the code to work, but am unsuccessful with all of them.  The code as it is is correct according to the Python language, but I am not sure what I am missing here.

Can someone please help?

Thank you, 

Rouche 

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

@Roche so you just want to work down the list, one row at a time, downloading the data from each URL?

Roche
8 - Asteroid

Hi @DataNath, thank you for your reply.  That is correct.  However, if you look at the tables with links from this site: F5 platform lifecycle support policy  , you will see that the tables with links have cells with no links.  The data on these specific products / product groups can very likely be updated and data added in the future, which means a link will be added.  That is the reason I ask for help on what I currently have in the python tool / an alternative and also why I cannot exactly use the index 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, that is automatically used in Alteryx.

Labels