Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calculation Help

AltExplore
7 - Meteor

How do I perform the below calculation in Alteryx
SUM(A*B)/SUM(B)

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @AltExplore,

Here you go

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

AltExplore
7 - Meteor

This works but I am not getting exact result in my scenario. Any thoughts while I try an replicate a sample

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @AltExplore,

If you took directly my formulas it could be happending that the results were given as int values instead of double.

Try it with this workflow now.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

AltExplore
7 - Meteor

I not only have columns A & B but other columns that need to be part of the final result.

These columns are a mix of dimensions and measures.

Please advise.

Thanks

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @AltExplore,

I edited it and now it does a multiplication of all rows and divides it by the last one.

If you need anything else I would need a better clarification as with having only the other formula I cannot do much more)

Also the workflow you shared doesn't have any data. If you want me to work with your files please attach the data too.

Regards

AltExplore
7 - Meteor

I not only have columns A & B but other columns that need to be part of the final result.

ABCDE
231.5574AfricaNew12
64687AsiaOld16
65546Pacificld17
657465Americasws18
46721Africaasr20
322324Australiarzg12

These columns are a mix of dimensions and measures.

Please advise.

Thanks

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @AltExplore,

Here I give you three different ways to show the results.

Regards

AltExplore
7 - Meteor

I have more than 16 columns and append is failing. Need the record on same line and not in next line. How can this be resolved.

Also how to group the records based on an id

Thanks

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @AltExplore,

you need to change the setting on the append tool:

Untitled.png

Regards

Labels