Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calculate remaining Annual Target based off a Daily Target

David_Little
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I'm looking to dynamically calculate a "Remaining Annual Target" based on a calculated quarterly daily target.

David_Little_0-1654765875020.png

At the time of posting we are nearing the end of Q2, So I would need the Remaining Annual Target to = Q4 daily target * No of days in the quarter + Q3 daily target * No of days in the quarter + Q2 daily target * No of days remaining in the quarter (not to include any calculation on the Q1 targets as that has passed)

- This would need to be dynamic, so when we enter Q1 of next year, it would include all quarterly calculations.

Hope that makes sense.

Many thanks in advance !

*Edit - I would need to exclude today's date from the count

13 REPLIES 13
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @David_Little 😄

David_Little
7 - Meteor

Hopefully this is the last example I'll give on this 🙃 But let's say I want to instead of list every single day till year-end. I wanted to group those days into an end-of-month date for each month. Calculating the target based on how many days remain in the month up until year-end (including the current month, but excluding the current day)

David_Little_0-1654801787022.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hahah okay, you may have to check I've got the logic right here:

IraWatt_0-1654806798970.png

This only includes days later than the current date then groups them by month and rep and sums targets for each day in that month.

David_Little
7 - Meteor

Great thanks ! (that was one of those where I asked before thinking. I knew the solution as soon as I pressed send 😀)

As always. thank you so much for your help !

Labels