Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calculate aging from received date till yesterday without weekend.

ArijitRoy
8 - Asteroid

Hello Friends,

I need your help. As per the attached file, there are received date of all the tasks. As per excel I have used Networkdays formula to calculate the aging. For an example: Received date is 1st June 22 (06/01/22) and yesterdays date is (06/07/22) then we have to calculate the aging between them without Saturday & Sunday.

How to do this in Alteryx?

11 REPLIES 11
ArijitRoy
8 - Asteroid

There is something wrong with the days count. 

Count starts from the received date. First date will be counted as 0 then 1 and 2 and so on and till previous day of the current date. If the received date is Saturday then it should count the day from Monday. If 4th June 22 is Saturday then count should start from 6th of June 22. I am new and unable to apply the Excel's Networkdays formula into Alteryx.

rohitashsharma
8 - Asteroid

Hi Arijit,

May be it can be calculated with the help of formula, would request you to try if it helps you

Steps-

1) After input use a formula tool and create a new column "Aging 2" and use formula "DateTimeDiff(DateTimeToday(),[Received_Date],"Days")" with "Fixed Decimal" data type without using decimal values

2) Add another column in the same formula tool " Weekends" and use expression "DateTimeDiff(DateTimeToday(),[Received_Date],"Days")*2/7" with "Fixed Decimal" data type without using decimal values

3) Add another final column "Actual Aging" and use formula "[Aging 2]-[Weekends]"

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Rohitash

Labels