Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

CSV to XML Output

another2
5 - Atom

Is there a simple way to extract csv output data into an XML format output in Alteryx workflow?

9 REPLIES 9
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@another2 
I believe there is no native function of Alteryx can output XML format.
But this post gives a macro that might help. Just give a try.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/XML-Output/td-p/466203
Update:

I am sorry but I failed with the link of macro in above link.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

The macro hasn't been updated to the new gallery. What kind of .xml are you trying to output to (ie raw or named?)

another2
5 - Atom

@apathetichell I'm trying to output a finished data or analyzed data report that's currently a csv output. so I would like a raw or named .xml.

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @another2 - I attached a macro that used to be on the Gallery. Hope it will help.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Hopefully that will work for you - but you should throw in a find/replace to sub out the escape characters for the codes listed here:

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/was-liberty/base?topic=manually-xml-escape-characters

Tip - replace & first - so you don't replace it twice...

another2
5 - Atom

Hi @artapa Thank you for your response, I tried that but it doesn't seem to update my report to xml 

another2
5 - Atom

Hi @ArtApa Thank you for your response, I tried that but it doesn't seem to update my report to xml 

AmalinaH
Alteryx
Alteryx

I'm not sure if you've managed to find a solution around this yet.

Here's a macro I downloaded from the Gallery (for some reason I'm no longer able to access it on there) and made some slight modifications to.

If you connect this to an input tool for your CSV report it should save a new file output in XML format.

Stefan89
5 - Atom

Thank you very much, this is great

Labels