Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

CSV file

sshivani
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

We need to upload one data to a site in CSV format. I have created an Alteryx flow for its calculation and the output file is generated in CSV format from Alteryx. Few columns as per requirement of upload to be "blank". Also few column contains both numeric value and string (including blanks).

While uploading the data (extracted from Alteryx) to the site, it is giving error for the blank column, for e.g. Invalid Ship 8 ( ")".

Kindly provide you input to the same.

Regards,

Shikha

3 REPLIES 3
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @sshivani ,

Did you open and check the .csv file to see whether those columns were outputted as blanks before uploading.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Do you have some screen shots and configurations of your workflow?

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @sshivani , will it be possible for you to share a sample file that your are trying to export to a site,specifically with this error? As there can be various reasons for this error maybe you are using a delimiter value in any of these columns such as 123, St John street or there might be some value being stored in the eg you shared i.e for e.g. Invalid Ship 8 ( ")". Also sometimes extra columns are being created, I will suggest you to kindly delete the blank column at the end of your last column to test it or you can take that output file as an input in alteryx to figure out this issue. Can only give a reason after analysing the data.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Labels