Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Building polygons based on image input

Nanoq
8 - Asteroid

Hello
In the article How to Make a Custom Polygon Map in Tableau a method for tableau is described in which an image, through manual labour, can be converted into a polygon map, for further analysis. 

In the end of the article, there is a reference that Alteryx is able to help this process along, yet its not a commonly used process as far as I know. 
I imagine there are 2 distinct challenges in this: Loading image data into alteryx in a meaningful way, and then converting certain parts of an image into individual polygons - in this case the blue areas.
Ofcourse this could be done with a python script, but for my own understanding, i would much prefer to find the native alteryx method, if such a thing exists

If anyone has inputs as to how this can be done, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

"just" turn the blue areas to polygons - no problem, right?"just" turn the blue areas to polygons - no problem, right?

0 REPLIES 0
Labels