Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

[Bug] Convert to Macro Output bug on Iterative macros

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

I recently noticed a bug/defect affecting macro outputs on Iterative macros. I am not sure where do I post this, so I am sending it here. 

If I use the new option to convert a Browse tool into a Macro output, change my workflow to Iterative Macro and then try selecting it as the iteration output, it won't show up on the list. 

I can only get Outputs showing up there if they were created by dragging and dropping from the tool pallet. 

I'm attaching a screenshot and a test workflow where I could replicate the issue. 

Designer Version: 2019.3.5.17947

Macro Bug.png

4 REPLIES 4
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @gabrielvilella 

This definitely looks like a bug.  If you convert to a macro output there doesn't seem to be any way to get it to show up in the Iterative Output list.  

You can open a new support case here.  Include the workflow as well.

Dan  

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

I am able to reproduce the issue.  I will check if we already have a defect for it or if I need to create a new one. I will be in touch as soon as possible.

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

@gabrielvilella 

There is a defect for this: DE22451 - Convert Browse to Macro Output creates a MacroInput question type.

Defect is still open.

There is also this Knowledge Article:   Refer to Cause B / Solution B :

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Troubleshoot-quot-A-question...

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

@gabrielvilella  could you please mark this post as resolved?

Labels