Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

BigQuery connection VERY slow

3p_khr
6 - Meteoroid

Hi. I am running the Alteryx Designer Trial. 

I have connected alteryx to a BigQuery table using service-to-service and it fetches all the data as it is supposed to.
The problem is that it is SLOOW. Fetching 1 single element takes 16.7 seconds. Furthermore, it seems that everytime i change anything in the Alteryx model, the query is fired, which means that ANY change i do to my model in Alteryx takes 16.7 seconds. The BigQuery table is small, both in columns and rows, and my PC is rather powerful.

Do any of you guys have any idea as to what might be wrong here? i am using the newest BigQuery QuickConnect for alteryx

2 REPLIES 2
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @3p_khr 

There is an existing thread that is tackling this issue.
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/BigQuery-Tool-Slow-to-stream-data/td-p...

There is no set solution at this time, but one option you can have while you are building your workflow is to Cache your data from BigQuesy so your data remains while you make changes to the workflow.

05-01-_2020_18-16-52.png

I hope this helps!

Community Moderator
rafaelbuijs
5 - Atom

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem. At the moment it's almost impossible to make usage of the BigQuery input tool, at least in my situation. I'm also wondering if the BigQuery Storage API will be supported by Alteryx in the future, since this would solve the problem of long extraction times of large datasets. Because the current BigQuery input tool is using the BigQuery API, or not? Does anyone know this? 

Rafael

Labels