Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Macro still dropping records

Deba93
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone,

I have built a batch macro which enables me to process a list of.xlsx files from a folder and club them together to be processed further. Now 2 of my files aren't being processed as they have schema different from the first file in the lot. I used a field info tool to check the schema and found out one column has datatype V_String and one has V_WString. Ideally it should have been resolved by batch macro. 

Deba93_1-1606375763445.png

The error that I am getting is as below.

Deba93_2-1606375916231.png

Any help would be great. Thanks in Advance

6 REPLIES 6
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Deba93 
Can you embed a Select Tool in the marcro?

Attached is a good sample.

Deba93
8 - Asteroid

The workflow seems broken as it was created on a newer version. I am using alteryx designer @Qiu

Per
11 - Bolide

Hi @Deba93 

I think you might need yet another macro 🙂 Have a look at the solution posted here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/CS-Macro-Dev-Reading-in-Multiple-Fi...

Of course, if you know that there will only be a few different schemas, you can have multiple Input, one for each schema, but that is hardly a pretty solution.

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Deba93 

Have you checked this on your macro:

messi007_1-1606378749713.png

Hope that Helps,

Regards

Deba93
8 - Asteroid

Hi I have that option checked however the records are still dropping

Deba93
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @Per  this actually worked. Apologies that I saw it really late. Appreciate your help 🙂

Labels