Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Macro Outputs with different Schemas

NikBarter
8 - Asteroid

I'm trying to put some data from Companies House, so thought I'd create a quick batch macro, with a list of company registration numbers and parse out all the data.

However, I'm getting the following error message:

Error: CCH_Batch (3): Record #2: Tool #20: The field schema for the output "Details" changed between iterations.

NikBarter_0-1661514738793.png

In the macro (all attached) I've created a dummy schema (scaffolding), which should create the missing field names, therefore the schema should be the same all the time, but I'm still getting the same error message.

You can see in my example, that Sainsburys has 42 fields, whilst Tesco has 47 fields.

Any help?

(P.S. I assume I don't need to use the GroupBy? - that doesn't make it work anyway)

2 REPLIES 2
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @NikBarter you are getting this error based on the configuration of your batch macro.

Batch_Macro_26082022.JPG

If you were to adjust your settings via View- Interface Designer - Properties the error would not occur. Schema can change for instance when a field has data which is string then the in the next batch the field is empty meaning it's no longer a string field as it contains no data. Hence why changing the configuration to Auto Configure by name or postion is preferable. Or a differnce in columns which is the case for your scenrio as the API responses are slightly different.

NikBarter
8 - Asteroid

@JosephSerpis Of course. Knew it would have been a simple thing like that, cheers!

Labels