Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Basic Table Column Rules

MsBindy
8 - Asteroid

I have a basic table that has columns for each of the 12 months.  Each of those columns needs the same 2 column rules applied.   Is there a way to do this without setting the 24 rules up individually?  This is pretty tedious.

Example is that each column has some data that needs the $ prefix,  and some data that needs the % suffix.  The column has mixed data so I can't use the Per Column Configuration.

5 REPLIES 5
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@MsBindy 

without an example it is difficult. Send an example of unreal data

MsBindy
8 - Asteroid

Here's an example...I formatted the January column using two column rules.

I was wondering if there was an easier way to format all 12 months applying both rules to all the data.

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@MsBindy 

The most productive way is to open the workflow with notepad++ and look for the percents rule
copy the 2 xml blocks of the rules and paste the block of the 2 rules and change the month and do this for every month.

Now you can make a formula by building the xml and replkace the rules xml

follow print example

geraldo_0-1685057667072.png

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

One way to do this is to remove those columns from the data before the table, then apply the column rules to "Dynamic or Unknown Fields".  Then when you re-add the month columns they will all pick up the rules.  See attached - if you reselect all the fields in the select tool, they will all get the column rules applied.

MsBindy
8 - Asteroid

Since the suggestion by @geraldo  surpasses my capabilities,  I tried @Christina_H idea and it does work.   

Labels