Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Back Button in Alteryx Chained App

VijayAnaparthi
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I am Creating chained app, the back button was disabled by default in the User Interface. So how to enable that Back button.

Altery_Back_button.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
taylor_butler
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @VijayAnaparthi , 

Based on my understanding, you are not able to go back a step with the Back button within a chained app. The Back button typically allows you to jump back to the previous tab in a tabbed analytic app. However, this earlier Community post outlines some alternate options to allowing your users to navigate to previous steps. 

VijayAnaparthi
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the response. I appreciate your help. Yes that back button is only for tabbed analytical app.

For those who don't know about tabbed analytical app, you can create multiple tabs in single App by using interface designer.

In your  App click on View -> Interface designer -> Add -> Tab -> Now enter tab name. 

After entering tab name you can move some of the interface elements like radio button or dropdown etc to 2nd tab. Now you can see the Back button is enabled in 2nd tab. 

Tabbed_App.JPG

Labels