Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

BOX input file gives error when same file with direct link does not.

julieldsp
5 - Atom

When I use a file and direct it to a box location manually (pick it from box and it puts in the location - which has to be adjusted by every person on my team when they open the workflow), it works fine.

When I use the Box Input connector so it points to it without having to adjust the location, it gives an error that does not exist when pointing to the same Box file.

Using file that is on Box:

julieldsp_2-1676481691361.png

Using Box Input pointing to the exact same file.

julieldsp_0-1676481453114.png

How can we get it to work and why would it error when pointing to the same file?

1 REPLY 1
TDSandrewtuma
5 - Atom

I have had a lot of trouble with the Box connector recently. It seems that it tries to pre-format the data while reading in through the API, and if the data is not perfectly cleaned up to whatever specifications the API has, it will simply throw an error. For instance, I have a column that contains both text and date data. When reading in through the connector I get an error and can't run the workflow. If I save the file locally and connect straight to it, it loads it in with no problem. The Box Connector is very sensitive, it appears. 

Labels