Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

BB Date Tool Install Error

EBibler13
6 - Meteoroid

Hey there,

I'm currently trying to download the BB Date Tool so I can start using it in designer but I'm running into issues. When I click on "BB Date Tool Install", I get the attached DropBox error (400). Any ideas on what could be the issue? Is the tool no longer able to be downloaded?

8 REPLIES 8
CarliE
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @EBibler13 

You can download it from here -- it is a macro so I would suggest that you map the macro to your designer so you are able to easily access it. If you go to Options -> User Settings -> Edit user settings and go to the Macros tab in designer, you can map your macro folder there. It will add the macro to a new palette called macros in designer.

CarliE_0-1626716041023.png

If you found this helpful, please mark this as a solution so other people can benefit from this!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks 🙂

Carli
EBibler13
6 - Meteoroid

@CarliE 

When trying to download it using the above link, I then get this error message. I've been able to download other macros in the past so I'm not sure what this means. My alteryx designer version is 2021.2 x64 (User)

CarliE
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@EBibler13 I think I understand what's going on -- it is most likely not recognizing which application on the desktop to open the .yxzp file. Right click on the .yxzp file -> click on Open With 

CarliE_0-1626717115089.png

and then click on More Apps. If Alteryx does not pop up on the App list, click on "Look for another App on this PC". Go to the location of where its installed -- usually it is installed here C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin -- if it does not live there, right click on the Alteryx icon on your task bar or desktop -> press properties and you will see the app location 

CarliE_1-1626717291200.png

Let me know if it was successful.

Carli
EBibler13
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @CarliE 

Yes! I was able to switch the "Open with" to point towards the Giu. Then add the macro in my user settings. 

Appreciate the help on this!

CarliE
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Of course! Happy to help.

Carli
EBibler13
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @CarliE 

Thought I was done, however I do have one more question. I am unable to save the workflow in my gallery. I have it downloaded and it's in my user settings, however I'm getting the error below. My user settings are below as well (This is the file folder which holds all of these items listed in the error message). 

EBibler13_0-1626724541044.png

EBibler13_1-1626724636950.png

CarliE
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @EBibler13 

When saving the workflow, did you make sure the macro is checked off as an asset? When saving a workflow to gallery, you can package it as an asset by checking it (see more about assets here. In this case, you want to make sure you package it so at run time, it pulls that macro and it exists on the server.

You can do this by clicking workflow options and press manage workflow assets. Make sure the .yxmc files are checked off and are being packaged before saving to the gallery. Let me know if that worked ok.

CarliE_0-1626731197982.png

Carli
EBibler13
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @CarliE 

Correct, that is my issue. When saving to my gallery, I only get the BB Date option to include, the other two are not an option.

I added the BB Date file folder to my macro in user settings, which that includes all three of these options. So how do I get the other two visible in my "manage workflow assets" screen?

EBibler13_1-1626785755598.png

EBibler13_2-1626785838935.png

Labels