Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

BATCH MACRO - Continuing to run a Macro Despite An Error on Input, Generate an "Error Log"

delucaeb
6 - Meteoroid

Good afternoon to my wonderful Community Members; For many Years I have learned from the questions of others, but today I finally may have something unique.

I am creating a Macro that is iterating through a series of files that is **ALLEGEDLY** using the same template. Each user inputs their data into the template, and my workflow turns it all into one pretty table.

The big caveat is: that we do not know

1) If the user has renamed or deleted the tab in question

2) If the template / schema is the same across these files.

Really, I'd just love if the process for those users that "Stuck to the Script" process accordingly and union and everything goes as it should.

Then I just want a Log of the files in my Directory that did NOT process, so that the user can make their modifications (more likely I will be modifying the file, c'est la vie).

The solution, in my opinion is to simply fork via a Filter on "DOES THIS ERROR" TRUE or FALSE. No idea how to do that.

THE WORKFLOW (hey Modrian)

delucaeb_1-1680110838116.png

THE MACRO

delucaeb_0-1680110813136.png

The ERROR(s)

delucaeb_2-1680110913954.png

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@delucaeb instead of *.xlsx can you give the full path of the excel file with the tab named Non-Reimbursement claim in the macro and try again?

binuacs_0-1680113007427.png

delucaeb
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks - that actually moved it along! 

Now we're actually moving along. Seems like it actually ran through each file and spit out those that failed in the error log. See (1)

After, its going and merging together the data that does confine to the template. (2)

Additional Follow-Up:: Would love to see if I can get that Error report out into a separate tab. Would additionally want to create a summary check tab to make sure that the files are reading in the data appropriately (e.g. if a file in the directory was read and has data but the macro does not return any data) 

UPDATED WFLOW (1)

delucaeb_0-1680116883911.png

(2)

delucaeb_1-1680117002454.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@delucaeb There is no output because the macro did not run successfully (you can see the errors in red). Can you share the action tool configuration inside the macro?

binuacs_0-1680123282825.png

delucaeb
6 - Meteoroid

That is very interesting, considering that there are records populating POST macro in my .YMXD workflow that is referencing the Macro (see previous screenshot)

Here is the config of the action tool.

delucaeb_0-1680190579780.png

Labels