Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Azure data lake connection end user authentication

Ilango
7 - Meteor

Hello there,

I am able to connect to ADLS using service-to-service authentication. However, I am not able to connect using end-user authentication. First of all, I am not sure why Client ID is required for end user authentication?

When I try end user authentication with the same client id as service-to-service option, I am getting an error - please see attached. I am probably doing something wrong. Could you please help?

Thanks,

Ilango

3 REPLIES 3
Ilango
7 - Meteor

Now I understand why we need a client ID for end-user authentication. This client id has to be created as a native app in Azure, with the default redirect URI.

Rasmus
7 - Meteor

Hi there,

I am currently trying to use end user auth (service-to-serivce is working), but i get errors with:

Rasmus_0-1601290628348.png

This happens after the login box has popped up and i have entered the correct email and password.

Did you have this problem and if so, how did you solve it?

Best regards

Rasmus

Ilango
7 - Meteor

Hi Rasmus,

For end user authentication, you need a separate client ID (native app). You can't use the one that you use for service-to-service. Please follow this link for creating a native app ID if you don't have one already.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-lake-store/data-lake-store-end-user-authenticate-using-a...

The user's Azure AD credentials will be accepted and authenticated dynamically whenever the workflow is run.

Thanks, Ilango

Labels