Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Automation on Alteryx Server

Shohn
7 - Meteor

Question: How do I open and run either container based on input T or F?

I am looking for how to do full 100% automation on Alteryx server in the end. I can do this with Human intervention Example: Radio buttons. I can do this with creating errors. 

Both Are messy. 

Humans involved is not automation

Errors: results in allowing for true errors to be missed. 

Answer should not contain work arounds, human intervention nor errors. 

Shohn_0-1648128785056.png

8 REPLIES 8
jonnyrask
8 - Asteroid

I'm not sure if I 100% understand your question, but here is what I would do. The action will disable or enable the container if the radio button is true or false.

jonnyrask_0-1648129712896.png

With this option for the action

jonnyrask_1-1648129817005.png

If this isn't what you are wanting, then I have a question for you. Where is the T/F input coming from? A human or another workflow?

Shohn
7 - Meteor

This is exactly how a human interactive workflow would do it. Do the same thing but remove the human part. 

jonnyrask
8 - Asteroid

How is the workflow getting its T/F input?

From another workflow? From a human? Where is this T/F designation coming from??

Shohn
7 - Meteor

Lets say a text input tool 

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@Shohn What's in these containers? Any harm in no records being passed through them depending on the filter? 

Shohn
7 - Meteor

Text input has one column named whatever and one row with a T or F in it.  If T then run the T side If F then run the F side. Either output will generate one record with a T or an F in it. Remember the point is to open and run the one container and not both. 

jonnyrask
8 - Asteroid

Okay, so you have to use a standard macro and a regular workflow to accomplish this. The regular workflow looks like this

jonnyrask_0-1648134695507.png

The Text Input has a "True" or "False", the select converts it to a String, and the last tool calls the standard macro. the macro looks like this

jonnyrask_1-1648134747066.png

Where we have a control parameter which brings in the "True" or "False". We have two actions which either disable or enable the container using the below formula (switch up true and false depending which container you want run with a true or false)

jonnyrask_2-1648134819972.png

The workflows in the containers just send me an email, but you can put whatever you want in there.

Shohn
7 - Meteor

Worked Perfect Thank you very much.

Shawn

Labels