Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Automatically update Text Input with different URLS

hrosenb1016
5 - Atom

I am looking to update the Text Input with different URLs. Throughout my workflow I'm given different IDs, ideally I would then be able to update the URL with the different IDs (as part of the URL, not the entire thing). I am not sure whether I need to do this through a macro or if there is a tool I'm just not aware of. Any help is greatly appreciated!! 

5 REPLIES 5
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @hrosenb1016 ,

This is nice and easy. 

You can simply use the formula tool to create the url, using the ID No. as the dynamic part of the URL. Like this:

mceleavey_0-1627404395713.png

"www.lookupmyid"+[ID No.]+".com"

This will then create the URL with a new ID number every time.

Hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

hrosenb1016
5 - Atom

@mceleavey Thank you for your reply!! How do I get the URL into the text input automatically? That is the part I'm struggling with 😞

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @hrosenb1016 

You can create the URL with IDs and load them/connect them together to the download tool.

hrosenb1016
5 - Atom

@atcodedog05  That did it, thank you!! I kept trying to update the input tool rather than just bypassing it!

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @hrosenb1016 ,

You can also do this by encapsulating some logic within a macro and passing the list of URL's as a macro input.

Please refer to the attached sample workflow.

Best,

Jagdeesh

Labels