Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Auto refresh Directory tool Data

SaleemAhmad
7 - Meteor

I am deleting files based on user selection and for this binding all files in List Box using directory tool

Suppose have 10 files and user selected 2 files and deleted them using the analytics app interface. 

now if again i open app form it should show 8 files since 2 already deleted but showing 10 filles because its not refreshing the directory tool data.

Please suuport.

3 REPLIES 3
BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

@SaleemAhmad Just to check, after the user selected the files, and then ran the app, did you check to see if the files actually get deleted? 

BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

Just created a workflow, leveraging this tool: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Community-Gallery/Delete-Files/ta-p/1005983 

Let's test (be careful, as files are being deleted of course!):

BS_THE_ANALYST_0-1679841889274.png

Running as Analytic App; Selecting these two files:

BS_THE_ANALYST_4-1679842165233.png

Updating Media

After running:

BS_THE_ANALYST_2-1679842005986.png

Now checking the original folder:

BS_THE_ANALYST_3-1679842027229.png

Success!

Workflow attached. Be careful! :) 

Many thanks,
BS

SaleemAhmad
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, i am already able to delete the selected files using my own created workflow. but the issue is after deleting the selected file, files not refreshing in selection screen ..i mean to day if i deleted 2 files then it would not be available in my files selection scree since its already deleted.

Is there any way to refresh the directory data on app form load. Please suuport.

Labels