Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Assigning Hires to Open Positions

TMartin007
5 - Atom

Hello,

We hire people with similar skill sets to the same requisition and then assign them to teams on the back end.

I'm trying to create a workflow that prioritizes open positions by team and city but takes into account the new hires' team preferences -- they provide 1st and 2nd preferences. Once a team's open positions are filled, anyone left should go to their 2nd preference team, and if there's no spots open on either their 1st or 2nd preference team, they should go to a separate tab indicating further review is needed.

Attached is sample new hire data. 

Below is an example of open positions by team and city that goes with the sample new hire data:

TeamCityOpen Positions
Blue TeamDallas17
Blue TeamHouston8
Green TeamDallas3
Green TeamHouston45
Green TeamOklahoma City3
Green TeamSan Antonio2
Green TeamTulsa1
Orange TeamHouston5
Pink TeamDallas6
Pink TeamSan Antonio1
Purple TeamDallas5
Red TeamDallas10
Red TeamHouston1
Yellow TeamDallas15

The output goal is to have:

Candidate IDCityTeam Assignment

I've been spinning my wheels on this one for several days and would really appreciate any and all guidance!

4 REPLIES 4
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@TMartin007 
Maybe there is more elegant way.

I use the tile tool to sequence the combination of City and Team in both inputs,

Then we can do one join for first preferrence and a second join on 2nd preference.

What is left is for review.

0422-TMartin007.PNG

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @TMartin007 

Kindly consider the below.

I stepped through my logic (so it might be tool "heavy" 😎).

I hope you find it helpful - Cheers!

RobertOdera_0-1682175501040.png

32bit
8 - Asteroid

You can work through problems like this with ranking and priority matrices. I don't want to work it out for you, but point you in the direction to go.

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

You're most welcome @TMartin007!

Labels