Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Arranging multiple inputs into separate columns using batch macro

DR711
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

Is it possible to use a batch macro to pull one specific field of data from multiple input files and then place it into its own field in one output? Currently I have about 20 inputs that have to be updated each year. I built a macro to try this out, but all of the data went vertically down one field instead of across multiple fields. 

2 REPLIES 2
dwstada
11 - Bolide

batch macros union their output, so it won't be in different columns.

it sounds like you can just input all files at the same time, select the column you want, then add a record id tool to each and join all inputs via the record id column.

the biggest input should be the first dataset so every following input can find a corresponding record id.

dr711.PNG

there is probably a fancier way of doing something like that, but this is kinda bruteforcing a table

DR711
6 - Meteoroid

Yeah i originally built a WF similarly to this, but there are about 15-20 inputs, so i thought maybe i could save time with a macro. Maybe updating the inputs every time is the best option in this case. Thanks

Labels