Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Apply the European Postal Code format to my addresses

msantoso
8 - Asteroid

dear All,

I need to apply the standard zip code format to a list of european accounts. 

I found a complete list of countries and their corresponding zipcode in a regex format.

And I wondered how I could do in order to check whether the right format is applied and if not, to correct it.

Any hints and tricks to go through this job? 

thank you 

Myriam

2 REPLIES 2
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@msantoso,

What you've got as an expression isn't really a RegEx Expression.  I've put together a workflow that demonstrates how to test and filter those records that MATCH the format exactly.  It can even make some attempt to remove unwanted characters.  When spaces or dashes (or combinations) exist in the data, you need more logic constructed.  I'd strip out the punctuation (non alphanumeric values) and rebuild the "regex expression" to fit your needs.  That's custom configuration.

I've looked at Wikipedia before and think that the formats that you've got (e.g. UK) are a simplification.  There are 1/2 a dozen formats for the UK in that source, but only 1 in yours.  Please feel free to take this workflow and tweak it to your needs.

Picture1.png

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
msantoso
8 - Asteroid

Hi Mark 

thank you so much for this great job

and sorry for the delay in my response. 

It works just fine!

myriam

Labels