Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Appending company names to opportunity names for a dummy dataset

jfha97
7 - Meteor

Hello Alteryx Ninjas,

I am trying to create a dummy dataset that has unique opportunities tied to multiple company names. I have randomized both sides of the dataset (side 1 = opportunity name; side 2 = company names), but I am having difficulty tying multiple company names to a unique company name. You can see my workflow for reference attached to this post. 

This is a sample of my data:

Opportunity Names:

NameA

NameB
NameC
NameD
NameE
NameF
NameG

Company Names:

A Capital
B Trust
C LLC

The challenge is that the opportunities list is larger than the company list, so when I append both sides it gives me several opportunities per company. The end result will be a horizontal join, similar to a join tool - and the company names can be randomized (as in no specific order as long as there are multiple banks per a unique opportunity)

End Result:

NameAA Capital
NameBC LLC
NameCB Trust
NameDA Capital
NameEC LLC
NameFA Capital
NameGB Trust

I would appreciate any guidance or insights, and thank you in advance for your help.

Jfha97

2 REPLIES 2
FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

Hi @jfha97 , I would use random integers and a join tool:Screenshot 2023-06-27 164449.png

jfha97
7 - Meteor

@FinnCharlton , thank you! Though not entirely random, it did work. I appreciate your help.

Labels