Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Append new data to the top of preexisting excel tab, shifting down + keeping existing data

CTalteryx
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

I've got a workflow which gets my data into the format below, with the week ending date in red dynamically updating (also with null values across A-L) and then the correct columns with the correct data below them. My problem: appending my output to a preexisting tab in excel, above the previous week ending data table - which looks like the below.

screenshot for alteryx 1.png

Any idea how to get the week ending 12th April data to sit on top of this data here, with one blank row separating them (ideally with the same formatting but this may be a stretch so fine without)? This process is run weekly so needs to be able to add the week after's etc. on top when the flow is run too.

Ideal output:

screenshot for alteryx 2.png

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions/ideas.

2 REPLIES 2
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

You should be able to accomplish this with a Union tool. Have your workflow run whatever calculations it needs to for the current Week Ending and Union it to the existing worksheet. The issue you will likely have is with formatting. You'll likely need to create a Run Command to trigger a VBA macro within excel to reformat the sheet the way you want it to look.

CTalteryx
6 - Meteoroid

@cjaneczko thanks! much simpler than i was thinking, that has done the trick. i'll have a look into triggering the run command and see what can be done, thank you!

Labels