Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Append Fields workflow

AntlRo
8 - Asteroid

Good Morning,

I have a fake payroll Append that I would like to append additional rows to each name that are not available in the main file called example1.png. I want the output to look like the output attached (output1.png) and the current file looks like the one attached called "example1".  I have attached the image of my workflow as for some reason I couldnt post.  I was trying to get to work but I cant get all the rows lodaded like output 1. Please keep in mind the "real"  file and the real ending  output has thousands rows in my fake payroll department.

Please post your solution workflow ,  would be greatly appreciated. 

12 REPLIES 12
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

@AntlRo would you be able to share the outputs / workflow?

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @AntlRo 

One way of doing this, i think that it will not be a problem to run this workflow with this amount of rows. (UPDATED*)

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1667861330817.png

AntlRo
8 - Asteroid

I posted screen shots as for some reason I couldnt post my dummy data.

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @AntlRo ,

not sure if this is what you are looking for, can you check my example and tell me if I did understand it correctly?

Regards

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @AntlRo 

Please take a look at the attached workflow (updated version).

Felipe_Ribeir0_1-1667861433352.png

AntlRo
8 - Asteroid

do you mind posting the as a .yxmd? for some reason I'm having issues downloading on my personal pc.  

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@AntlRo One way of doing this with the batch macro

binuacs_0-1667861545952.png

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @AntlRo 

here is the yxmd

AntlRo
8 - Asteroid

This is great! Thanks

, now what happends if the 4 source rows changes and a new database has 2-3 more rows for that source rows, how would you change to to anticipate potential new fields ?

The below is what you have :

Task

1.eat

2. sleep

3. walk

4. run

To take a last step further how would you change that source to be open to whatever new tasks come in whether you know the name of the task or not ( example below)

Task

1.eat

2. sleep

3. walk

4. run

5. crawl -- new row

6. push -- new row

7. ??? -- new row that we wont know unless the workflow will know to add it

8. ??? -- same as above, unknown row but needs to be open to accept unknown tasks  

Labels