Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

App Results: There Were No Output Files

daraghwalker
7 - Meteor

I have two containers with filters inside, I have created a small test workflow to test a bigger workflow and get an idea of what is needed.

I have a text input, with some user inputs (text boxes) to the filter tools. Once I run as an app the results gives me the message: There Were No Output Files

I have attached the workflow as a reference.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @daraghwalker 

When you are running this as an app and making the selections, are any records coming out of the true output anchor from your Filter and into the Output?

In the default workflow settings no records are being written out, therefore no output file displays. If you ensure that there will be a record written out of the Filter, then the output file should then appear.

Let me know if this works for you!

Kind Regards,

Will

daraghwalker
7 - Meteor

Hey thanks for you reply.

When I manually set the values in the Filter tool to a matching row value in my text input and hit Run, yes. But if I run it as an analytics app it returns nothing.

But my aim is to display all results from the input unless a user wants to filter it down. 

What should I set the default filter as if I want to do this? I feel this may be my issue.

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @daraghwalker 

Okay, that makes sense. In order to achieve this, you can add a Detour Tool to the start of the process, where the users can select whether they would like to Filter the data or not.

If they select to Filter the data, it will then take the right output of the Detour and through the existing filters. If they don't, it would take them out of the L output and to the end of the workflow.

I have attached the workflow as the example.

Let me know if this works

Thanks

Will

Labels