Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Api pagination-with scroll id that has to be replaced in the headers of the download tool

Sara_Pulgarin
5 - Atom

Hello, I am trying to construct an API  pagination process with an iterative macro, but I am having issues because to be able to scroll I need to pass a new header.

to configure the download tool I add two headers, for the first iteration I leave the x_scrollid blank:

Sara_Pulgarin_0-1644806514070.png

But for the next request I need to be able to replace the blank value with the output of the first iteration, so I created an iterative macro that outputs that x_scrollid:

Sara_Pulgarin_1-1644806722177.png

I was planning to replace the value with the update value tool connected to an input macro but then it gives me an error ("input cannot be used as a question input for this action type at least one field must be selected")

is there another way to do this?

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

macro input is to bring your datastream in. You cannot feed it into an action tool to update a filter tool. Macro Input is looped in an iterative macro via interface designer.

Sara_Pulgarin
5 - Atom

Thanks, I was able to do it with an iterative macro!

Labels