Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Analytics App - chaining is not working

Alteryx_user_aK
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am trying to implement chaining using the apps. It is not showing correct results. Here are the details.

I have a excel file with Country, state, region, city and temperature data. my end goal is to show temp for the city selected.

1. in my first app (Workflow) ) I show distinct countries - it is working file.

2. when country is selected I am filtering out selected records and creating country.xydb

in my another app (workflow)

1. Input is country.yxdb and showing only states

2. when state is selected I am saving those records to state.yxdb

in another app (Workflow)

1. I am using state.yxdb as input file

2. show only regions belongs to this state.

The logic is same for state, region and city steps However. When I run 1st app and select country. it write data to country.yxdb but when I continue running the app it does not refresh, it shows state of old selection..

I don't know How to solve this issue.

Thanks

aK

6 REPLIES 6
Bren_Spill
11 - Bolide

Hi @Alteryx_user_aK - can you provide sample files or screen shots of each workflow in the chain?

Alteryx_user_aK
8 - Asteroid

attaching the screenshots.

Bren_Spill
11 - Bolide

Hi @Alteryx_user_aK - attached is how I approached it. There are a few differences, the main one being how I populated the drop down tools. I also converted to three apps to allow for the file to be input through a browse tool.

This is helpful for the dropdown configuration: Creating Drop Downs - Alteryx Community

Let me know if you have any questions

Alteryx_user_aK
8 - Asteroid

Hello  Brendan_Spillane

I appreciated your time however, I am still getting similar error. I don't know whether it is some setting on my alteryx or machine.

when I ran first time, I selected country as USA, then in next pop-up I selected New York. Then I clicked finish. It opened a file with USA/New York/60.

I ran it again. this time I selected Canada. but in next screen, I got states of USA which I saw in 1st run. I selected Alabama and clicked finish. I got same old file which created in 1st run.

Please look into it.

Thanks

Bren_Spill
11 - Bolide

@Alteryx_user_aK - try this update

Alteryx_user_aK
8 - Asteroid

Hello Brendan_Spillane,

Now it is working as expected. Please explain why it did not work earlier in your and my approach. I am curious to know.

Thanks

aK

Labels