Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Analytical App for Registration with a Maximum Number of Attendees

Mert
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi. I am exploring the possibility if I can build an App to register attendees for a set of trainings. The tricky part is that each classroom allows maximum 12 people. So I visualise the App behaving in 2 ways:

a) App shows the user the current number of registrants (12) so new user does not try that classroom.

b) App cannot show the user the current number of registrants but when new user hits the finish button App says "Maximum number is reached, please try another classroom".

I am not sure if either could be achieved therefore wanted to ask for your opinion. In an ideal world option A would be great as it would avoid back n forth :) Any input is much appreciated. TIA!

1 REPLY 1
acarter881
12 - Quasar

Hello, @Mert.

Sounds like a fun challenge. I agree that displaying the current information is a much better option. I've dealt with services that do not take this option and it typically ends in wasted time because the answer could have been provided in the beginning; instead, they make the user waste their time.

I'm not sure how your data are setup, but it seems like you'd want to load the latest data into Designer each time the app is run.

What I'm reminded of is a website where users go to register for something, which seems more intuitive and easier than an Analytic App.

Still, it may be interesting/useful to create an app. If you have an idea of how the data flow or a sample workflow, feel free to share.

Labels