Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Analytical App Update Value not working as well as File name from field

Number4
8 - Asteroid

Edit: I've included a basic workflow.  I've tried many different configurations and still can't get it to work.

I'm trying to run a workflow as an Analytical App in v2020.3.5.30242

I have it set up for a user to be able to input and update part of data field that ultimately is supposed to become the files name.

I want the word _REPLACE_ to be updated with the users Input.  However, when it runs, the word _REPLACE_ remains.

As well, the last step doesn't actually output the field to the file name or tab name.  In fact the tab name becomes 0.

I have four other output files in the same workflow with no user input, where it's not taking taking the File name from a field for the file, but it is renaming the tab.

ANL_CON.JPGACT_TOOL.JPGFORM_TOOL.JPG

FILE_OUTPUT.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Number4 

Filename for .xlsx is only supported when the option is configured to change full path.

atcodedog05_0-1628094494772.png

to

atcodedog05_0-1628094564011.png

If you want to output to specific path make sure to give the path before the filename in out filename formula.

Hope this helps : )

Number4
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, changing to full path (and making sure my quotes were in the correct place) it finally output correctly.

I also got the Analytical App input to work.  I really have no clue what I did, if anything.  Could it just have been a bug?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @Number4  not sure on the bug though😅

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels