Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Analytic app: check users input data schemas with an expected one?(provide error message)

alirezatb
5 - Atom

Hi

I'm implementing an analytical app. The scenario is the user can select the input file from the input file system, but the workflow needs to check the schema of the input file with an expected one and provide an error message if the schemas are mismatched. I wonder how to show the error message in case the schemas could not match. I couldn't directly connect "file browser" to the error message, as I need to preprocess the user input data to obtain the column names. I have uploaded what I have done so far. Any help is appreciated.

Scenario I want to implement (not sure it is the best practice):

1- The user selects the input file

2-Skip top three columns

3- use dynamic rename and set the first column as the header.

4 - use the info tool to the get column names

5- check the column name with a predefined schema 

6 - show an error message if mismatched.

Kind Regards

1 REPLY 1
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @alirezatb ,

I think your only option is to use chain apps, which means that your first app will do this validation process and the next one will do the rest.

Here is a tutorial showing how to work with that. https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Chaining-Analytic-Apps/ta-p/243120

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Labels