Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Analytic App

Gfreeman
7 - Meteor

I need a little help with this:

3 variables

1.  Drop down

2.  Text Box input

3.  Text Box input

How do I change the value of an input Textbox tool, then pass to a dynamic SQL?

Please help - I have tried several things.

8 REPLIES 8
rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@Gfreeman can you share more on where you currently are (re: dummy data set, your current workflow with dummy data, what methods you are using, etc.)? It is tough to decipher what you are needing a workflow to do with the above details.

Gfreeman
7 - Meteor

Can you see the attached app?

Gfreeman
7 - Meteor

Did you get the app?

rzdodson
12 - Quasar

Yes.

Gfreeman
7 - Meteor

Just asking - any luck?

rzdodson
12 - Quasar

You can establish an ODBC or OLEDB connection to your incoming data set straight through the Input tool. Instructions can be found here:
https://help.alteryx.com/10.1/DatabaseConnections.htm#:~:text=To%20connect%20via%20ODBC%2C%20first,t...

Then, you can apply your Interface tools to directly update your SQL query you are attempting to pass without the need for a Dynamic Input tool - the DI tool can, at times, throw weird errors or not return your desired results. This is personally my preferred method for updating specific strings within a SQL query because it is more reliable.

Gfreeman
7 - Meteor

I understand the ODBC connection - but that isn't my problem.

My problem is that the action tools are not passing the user selections into the Text Input tool.  Is there any way you and I could do an online meeting so I can show you?  I am having a difficult time with this.

Gfreeman
7 - Meteor

I finally got it to work.  Had to figure out how to pass parameters into a text input box!!

Labels