Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Analytic App with Multiple Drop Downs

Bonediggler
9 - Comet

Experts - 

I would like to make an Analytic App which gives the user the option to apply up to 15 or so filters to a data set and then output the results.  The filters are based on values in the same data set.

For example, I have a medical claims data set with doctor names, hospital names, date ranges, products names and so on.  The user should be able to open the app, choose the doctor/hospital/date range/product they want and then export to .csv.

Is this possible?   If so please send a sample app if available.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
aatalai
13 - Pulsar

@Bonediggler if my understanding is correct, you are looking for a chained app (one where the drop downs are updated based on a users choice)? 

If so take a look at this learning https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Chaining-Analytic-Apps/ta-p/243120

Raj
14 - Magnetar

@Bonediggler There is a master data and you want to pull out data for specific Combination from it.
this can be done easily by configuring multiple dropdown tools over filter tool.

although if you are looking for something else please give more clarity on it.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Have you looked at the Tree tool? I'd recommend checking out the one tool example and seeing if that makes sense for your usecase...

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

In case you are interested, this can easily be achieved using the new cloud App Builder, available with Cloud Trial here

Here are a couple examples of how to orchestrate it: 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
Labels